This page details pretty much all I use as a developer. If you decide to make your own, consider adding it to uses.tech that was created by Wes Bos. I use a Mac so most tools are macOS specific, but there are definitely some OS agnostic ones in the list as well. You might also be interested in My Mac Setup post although it is a little outdated.
Chrome/Brave/Firefox Browser Extensions permalink
Refined GitHub - GitHub on steroids
VisBug - An awesome tool for frontend (this one’s new for me) (only for Chromium based browsers)
Gitpod - Allows you to work on repos in a browser. Kind of Sandbox like
Tota11y - Unpacked browser extension that I created, but VisBug supports it now, so I may just opt for VisBug. https://twitter.com/argyleink/status/1215052867716804608
React DevTools - Because React
Preact DevTools - Because Preact
Axe - For web accessibility testing
WAVE - For web accessibility testing
HTTPS Everywhere - What it's called is what it does 😉 (not required for Brave browser)
uBlock - An ad blocker (not required for Brave browser)
- Vanilla - A great app for hiding icons in your menu bar
- Rocket - Emojis, emojis
- Alfred - Workflows, snippets, MacOS spotlight on steroids
- Amphetamine - Prevent your Mac from going to sleep
- f.lux - Be kind to your eyeballs
- Fork - A great git GUI
- Bear - Awesome note taking app
- Better Touch Tool - Add extra gestures to your mouse/trackpad. I even use it for Windows management. Basically all the shortcuts I had for Spectacle) are now shortcuts in this tool.
- Docker Desktop - Because Docker
- Sizzy - Test your app/site for various devices/screen resolutions
- xScope - Awesome toolset for frontend development. Rulers, guides etc.
- Dato - A better date app for MacOS.
- iTerm - A better terminal for MacOS
- Kap - Screen shares GIFs
- Spotify - Because music.
- Seashore - An alternative to Photoshop
- Muzzle - A simple app for silencing notifications during screen sharing
- Streamlabs OBS - For streaming on Twitch
Additional Resources permalink
Also, for those interested, here’s a big list I made for Frontend Developer Resources. Some of the things mentioned above are probably already in this list.